Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Getting the feel for floor 1



Last week was a tough week. So much so that I did not update the blog on the weekend because I was so exhausted and ill.  FOrtunately,  I've  now gotten a diagnosis and drugs for the microbe that's been ailing me. Then on Thursday Sebastian fell ill  (with a flu like thing -- unrelated) so we didn't do construction work at all on Friday.  I caught up on computer things needed to keep moving up and S.  took a needed rest day.  
Still, we got a fair amount done.  Many of the frames that hold the openings for the windows werel in by the end of the week.   


 Between that and getting the walls up higher,  it became more  possible to really imagine enclosure.








More soon.  J's in Ohio for the week,  gettin out the vote and I'm up way to late for a worker who has to be on site early in the am.  A fuller report at the end of this week.  Rains due in this weekend... Oy!  



2 comments:

seecyn said...

B--It looks like a house! You're are doing such amazing work. I'm sorry to hear your are not feeling well. Take care of yourself. It's turned really cold here. I'll light good weather candles for you...l,c

Anonymous said...

beatrice, tuning into your blog has become a little ritual for karen and me. every couple weeks we get cozy and log in and catch up, I get vicarious excitement and exhaustion every time. recently, there's one shot with an angle on the window frames that really shows the great views you'll have from those windows. We're already fantasizing about sitting in one of those spots with you and J, our books and cups of tea, alternately chatting, reading and gazing. Great to hear J's gone to ohio. I've had time for some phonebanking, but most of my contribution has been financial. All fingers and toes crossed! hope you haven't been too lonesome on your mountaintop. we're with you in spirit.
xxx S