Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Belated report on the week of June 14

Getting the house plastered was a major stress for me,  so I fell into a weekend of rest and have not picked up the "pen" until tonight -- Tuesday night.    

Becasue of the way that lime plaster dries,  it was necessary to have at least two people competent with a trowel working at once.  In addition I had a helper working with me on carpentry... so it was like being a manager all over again.  You never get anything done very well yourself because of constant interruptions!   FInding a number 2 troweler took a little doing,  but we did finally find a fellow who was able to help Sebastian get a lot of material up in good time. 

The upshot is that from the outside we no longer look like a block house!  

The weather has been glorious.  Now that some heat is showing up I really am glad to be moving inside to frame walls and put down floors and such.    

But Barley and my evening walks are ever-so-blooming now.  There are daisys all over our land this week:  

And even in the woods there are random out breaks of flowers. Even the ferns in the woods are on steriods.

No comments: