Friday, September 3, 2010

Nomohomomoho

That's right. No mo homo moho. Among the earliest posts on this blog was one of Clayton pulling the mobile home into its place with his bulldozer. I don't have pictures of him navigating the steep hill and the hairpin turn of our driveway -- but it was quite a sight. His skill and terrific attitude was much appreciated, so I called on him again when it came time to deliver the building blocks up our road, since the company's standard truckers had a no-can-do response to the driveway. Here's Clayton as he patiently and enthusiastically taught me to use this funky forklift, back then -- over two years ago: So imagine my surprise the time when Clayton came walking up the road beside his remote control robotic thing. It sure did take a lot of the stress out of the move down our driveway in that this machine practically tucks under the mobile, rather than adding another 18 or 20 feet of length to the (66 foot!) trailer. SHarp turn out of its spot, right off: Well, sharp if you're 66 feet long. Then down the road she went, Even the hairpin was relatively undramatic with the new gizmo, thought it took a few backs and forths. My mom was among the spectators. Barely having had time to get over her jet lag when the noise started. And then there were the horses (left of moho)And the cows joined Jennifer to take a look at the last turn onto the road:Most of the work I've been doing is tiny details. One that's photogenic, though is a a rolling door that is in the plan to close off a room that we call the library -- generally part of the living room -- to make it a private guest room. THere's a murphy bed still to come in there too. Between visits I managed to get the door up. It's big, so I had to construct in in place. I had already installed the track, which we got unfinished and I ground and sanded it to match our rustic metal theme. So, first the frame: Then simple cherry sheathing . I can't say that it's the most beautiful woodwork of the project, but it's acceptable and it does the trick. Here as seen from the living room when the guestroom is closed off. I've been trying to get back into a rhythm now. Started with getting the trim all painted and repainted since the rains may be back any day. I tooka few pictures last night, as the light waned. As usual, haven't even struck the ladders. Visits were fun.... I miss them.... now back to the grindstone for a while.

1 comment:

Victoria Heinicke said...

We are truly thankful for your blog entry. You will discover a great deal of methodologies in the wake of going to your post. I was precisely scanning for. A debt of gratitude is in order for such post and please keep it up.
action mobile office trailers