Sunday, December 28, 2008

Ba humbug and all that.

The good news:  the rain washed the snow away.  The bad news:  x-mas week is a slooooow week for everything.   Nevertheless,  I had a few good workdays on my own,  and we're getting to the level of being over the windows on the second floor.  

THis coming week we'll pour concrete that far and all that will be left for blocks are the two gable ends of the second floor.  At that point all my hard won expertise laying faswall blocks is useless and I'll move on to impersonating a carpenter and roofer!   

Perhaps you've noticed the title picture of a spyhop?  THose whales are passing the coast about 60 miles west of here right now,  heading back south where we saw them last year.   Sure wish we could meet them there!  The coming week is supposed to be wet but not cold, so we'll see how we do.  

1 comment:

Diana said...

Happy New Year to you both! Watching you build your house reminds me, of course, of Saugerties and my days in the gulag. Wish I could be there to spend another New Year's Eve together.

love, Di